Vivienne Armstrong, MSN, RN, Volunteer with Ed-U-CARE, Inc., Dallas, TX. An RN with Master of Science in Community Health Nursing from Texas Woman’s University and 40 years of experience in a variety of settings, including acute care, nursing education, community health, home health and hospice care.
- Member, American Nurses Association and Texas Nurses Association.
- Served on various city, county and state community health-related boards, commissions and committees to improve services for the elderly and those with HIV.
- Recognized with many prestigious awards for professional development and community service achievements.
- Born in Tennessee, grew up in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and California. Lived in Colorado, Oklahoma and Vermont.
- As residents of Dallas, Vivienne and her spouse of 45 years, Louise Young, PhD, have been long time activists involved in the area’s social and political life.
- Now as a retiree, Vivienne is committed to improvement of the health care and services for older adults including the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community.
- Member, Board of Directors and Education Committee of Ed-U-CARE, a local nonprofit organization focused on caregiver education and training. Vivienne has presented basic training on working with older LGBT adults to nursing and social service providers.
Pronouns: she, her