SAGECare offers expert LGBT consulting and competency audits.
If your agency would like additional expert technical assistance, SAGECare’s leadership staff and consultants are available to work with you.
Our staff can perform a complete review of your organization and provide actionable recommendations to increase LGBT competency in the following areas:
- Your agency’s policies and procedures
- Marketing and communications
- Programming suggestions (i.e., LGBT Pride Month, Older Americans Month, LGBT History Month)
- Documentation (employee and/or resident handbook)
- One-on-one consulting for managers
- Developing diversity and inclusion groups
- Performing LGBT-inclusive intake interviews
- Review of your Long-Term Care Equality Index Self-Assessment results and work with you to implement the suggested best practices for obtaining leadership status on the LEI (see www.theLEI.org for additional information)
We can also consult on individual concerns such as:
- Addressing room assignments for transgender residents
- Balancing resident’s rights with an unaccepting family caregiver of an LGBT resident
- Helping clients who have recently come out of the closet
- Responding to resident reactions and biases
For more information on consulting and technical assistance, please contact us.